Is it because although it is only me, I am still the biggest Pat Testing business in the LOCAL area.
There are lots of businesses that claim to be local, but we know they aren't, I AM.
All my prices are transparent, There are no hidden charges and I am not VAT registered so no VAT to add.
Free detailed report and certificate will be emailed to you as soon as payment is received.
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 make it your responsibility to make sure all your electrical equipment is safe to use. So you should regularly inspect, test and maintain electrical appliances to make sure they’re compliant. If you don’t do this, you could be putting yourself, your employees and your business at risk.
As a business owner, it is your responsibility to ensure your electrical appliances are safe.
Usually It is yearly (although there are exceptions)
As soon as your appliances are compliant, you won’t have to worry about forgetting to get them tested again. Our free reminder service will let you know when it’s time to get in touch to book in a PAT test.
1. A visual examination – We look for any damage to the appliance that may cause it to be faulty. This is an incredibly important part as most fails happen at this stage.
2. An in-depth inspection and test – This helps us pick up on any damage that may not be immediately visible. It includes earth continuity, lead polarity and insulation resistance checks.
3. Once we’ve completed these tests, we conduct a function check to ensure that everything works as it should do.
1. Stationary equipment. ie. Fridges, freezers.
2. IT equipment ie all pc's like pc tower & laptops.
3. Moveable equipment under 18kg ie. kettles, blenders.
4. Portable equipment ie. table saws.
5. Hand-held equipment ie. power tools.
This covers up to the first 20 tests
Then after that it is only £1.50 per test.
There are no hidden extras, the only extra that may be charged is travelling if I have to travel more than 10 miles.
As a Pat Tester I had to undergo extensive training.
I had to sit an exam and learn how to use the complicated equipment. (yes i did test everything in my own home).
To carry out a PAT test you need to have the right training. Ideally, you need to hold a certification in PAT testing or higher.
You’d also have to buy a PAT testing machine which needs annual calibration and labels to generate reports too.
I am certified and insured so you can be and assured all of your appliances are compliant.